As the world’s population grows, energy demands are skyrocketing. While working to meet that demand, it’s vital to provide clean energy sources that don’t threaten the air we breathe and our other natural resources. Solar energy can provide a clean, efficient, and long-term solution, and energy storage can transform solar from an intermittent resource to a more dispatchable asset. At JinkoSolar, we have a proven track record as the ideal partner for making the best solar modules and now creating advanced energy storage systems, while delivering unparalleled service on our way to becoming the most reliable, renewable energy equipment supplier in the market.
JinkoSolar (NYSE: JKS) is a leading global PV module supplier with more than 75 GW deployed globally to 160 countries, including 14 GW to the U.S. market. Jinko has recently launched an energy storage (“BESS”) business in the U.S. to complement its solar business, with residential, C&I, and utility energy storage offerings. Vetted by third party labs and financed by over 85 banks, Jinko is one of the most trusted renewable energy brands.
The Energy Storage Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution for all energy storage products offered by Jinko to the U.S. market, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining and communicating the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, procurement, and customer support to ensure revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Energy Storage Product Manager is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the products. This position reports to the U.S. Director of Product Management & Technical Services, PV + Storage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Define and communicate the U.S. BESS product strategy and roadmap to HQ and U.S. commercial teams
- • Establish and deliver Market and Product Requirement Documents (MRDs and PRDs)
- • Provide technical training and deal-specific technical support to the U.S. sales team and channel partners
- • Interface with Jinko HQ teams and technology partners in Asia and U.S.
- • Lead the evaluation, testing, and certification strategy for the BESS and associated products
- • Maintain compatibility of BESS products regarding current federal, state, and municipal standards
- • Work, as needed, with external third parties to assess new partnerships and licensing opportunities
- • Define and manage new product launch campaigns; remain up-to-date on competition’s products
- • Review project RFP’s with sales to develop optimized system designs for utility and C&I customers as required
- • Lead the modeling of battery system degradation and augmentation strategies for different use cases
- • Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably EE or ME, Master’s degree a plus
- • 3+ years as a Product Manager or in related Engineering field
- • Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent technology products
- • Experience in energy storage hardware/software design and integration of BESS, PCS, BMS, EMS, and SCADA
- • Experience with energy storage standards such as UL9540, UL1741, NFPA 855, IEEE 1547 and Sunspec
- • Excellent teamwork skills; proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent Mandarin a plus but not a requirement
- • Must be able to travel (including overseas) up to 20% of the time
To apply for this job email your details to Justin.email@example.com