As the world’s population grows, energy demands are skyrocketing. While working to meet that demand, it’s vital to provide clean energy sources that don’t threaten the air we breathe and our other natural resources. Solar energy can provide a clean, efficient, and long-term solution, and energy storage can transform solar from an intermittent resource to a more dispatchable asset. At JinkoSolar, we have a proven track record as the ideal partner for making the best solar modules and now are creating advanced energy storage systems (ESS), while delivering unparalleled service on our way to becoming the most reliable, renewable energy equipment supplier in the market.
JinkoSolar (NYSE: JKS) is a leading global PV module supplier with more than 75 GW deployed globally to 160 countries, including 14 GW to the U.S. market. Jinko has recently launched an energy storage business in the U.S. to complement its solar business, with residential, C&I, and utility energy storage offerings. Vetted by third party labs and financed by over 85 banks, Jinko is one of the most trusted renewable energy brands.
The Utility Energy Storage Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for the development and sale of JinkoSolar’s energy storage solution for customers in utility and C&I. The Solutions Engineer will be the primary technical resource from initial qualification to contract negotiation, system design, and installation. This position reports to the Energy Storage Sales Director and works in close collaboration with the Energy Storage Product Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Review utility and C&I RFPs and ensure technical compliance of ESS solution in the sales response
- • Review sales contracts and provide input on technical matters during contract negotiations
- • Support customer project execution with system details, and interconnection and permit applications
- • Assist in evaluating and developing JinkoSolar’s ESS, including battery technology, PCS, BMS, EMS, and SCADA
- • Develop sales tools and support materials such as presentations, white papers, and manuals
- • Provide technical presentations to external and internal teams on JinkoSolar’s ESS solutions
- • Track emerging energy storage technologies as well industry trends and dynamics
- • Represent the company at trade shows and conferences
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Power Electronics Engineering
- • 3+ years direct technical experience with utility or C&I ESS integrator, inverter OEM, or EPC
- • In depth knowledge of industry standards such as UL1741SA, UL 9540, NFPA 855, UL 1973 and NEC
- • Thorough understanding of ESS system design, installation, and commissioning best practices
- • Experience in technical support for inverter interconnection requirements in utility or C&I applications
- • Experience with EPCs and utilities with an understanding of medium voltage power systems and metering
- • Experience with large multinationals and specifically Chinese companies, would be a plus
- • Proficient in use of AutoCAD with ability to interpret and modify electrical and construction drawings
- • Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- • A team player with entrepreneurial mindset; ability to work independently while prioritizing multiple tasks
- • Ability to travel up to 50% in U.S. and Canada with some international travel to Asia
To apply for this job email your details to Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org