SHANGHAI, Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (“JinkoSolar” or the “Company”) (NYSE: JKS), a global leader in the solar PV industry, today announced its unaudited financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Second Quarter 2014 Highlights
- Total solar product shipments amounted to 659.5 megawatts (“MW”), consisting of 570.8 MW of solar modules, 54.1 MW of silicon wafers and 34.6 MW of solar cells. This represents an increase of 13.5% from 581.2 MW in the first quarter of 2014 and an increase of 34.8% from 489.2 MW in the second quarter of 2013.
- As of June 30, 2014, the Company has connected 252 MW of solar projects to the grid and expects to connect another 100 MW of solar projects during the third quarter.
- Total revenues were RMB2.4 billion (US$392.1 million), representing an increase of 20.8% from the first quarter of 2014 and an increase of 37.8% from the second quarter of 2013.
- Electricity revenues generated from solar projects were RMB61.0 million (US$9.8 million), representing an increase of 26.1% from the first quarter of 2014.
- Gross margin was 22.6%, compared with 24.0% in the first quarter of 2014 and 17.7% in the second quarter of 2013.
- Income from operations was RMB251.6 million (US$40.6 million), compared with income from operations of RMB203.5 million in the first quarter of 2014 and income from operations of RMB155.8 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s ordinary shareholders was RMB138.2 million (US$22.3 million), compared with net income attributable toJinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s ordinary shareholders of RMB9.5 million in the first quarter of 2014 and net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’sordinary shareholders of RMB49.0 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Diluted earnings per American depositary share (“ADS”) were RMB4.04 (US$0.64), compared with diluted loss per ADS of RMB1.20 in the first quarter of 2014 and diluted earnings per ADS of RMB2.20 in the second quarter of 2013.
- Non-GAAP net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s ordinary shareholders in the second quarter of 2014 was RMB173.0 million (US$27.9 million), compared with non-GAAP net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s ordinary shareholders of RMB37.3 million in the first quarter of 2014 and non-GAAP net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s ordinary shareholders of RMB74.3 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Non-GAAP basic and diluted earnings per ADS were RMB5.60 (US$0.92) and RMB4.88 (US$0.80), respectively, in the second quarter of 2014.
“I am pleased to report our fifth consecutive quarter of profitability, as we confidently look towards the second half of the year,” commented Mr. Kangping Chen ,JinkoSolar’s Chief Executive Officer. “We gained considerable momentum during the quarter. Total revenues increased 20.8% sequentially and 37.8% year-over-year. We expanded our geographic reach, secured financial support from globally-respected financial institutions for our downstream business and solidified our position in important emerging markets where we have made strategic investments such as South Africa and Latin America.”
“Our downstream business continued to grow, with revenue from power generation for the quarter increasing 26.1% sequentially to RMB 61.0 million. In addition to theRMB1 billion strategic financing agreement we signed with China Minsheng Bank, mainly for our distributed PV generation systems, we secured US$225 million in private equity financing for our downstream solar power subsidiary, from China Development Bank International, Macquarie Greater China Infrastructure Fund and New Horizon Capital, In addition to financing, they will also provide a wide range of support to drive future growth in our downstream business. These agreements demonstrate the growing interest of Chinese capital in the downstream solar market, as China’s solar power regulatory framework matures and rapid market growth is expected. With the added strength of these new partnerships, we revise our full-year 2014 project development guidance upwards from 400MW to above 600MW. We will continue to taking full advantage of our financial and operational resources to further grow our downstream businesses in the future.”
“We maintained our market leading position in China as we continue to seek out opportunities in new emerging markets. We remain confident that the Chinese market will keep growing following the National Energy Administration’s reiteration of strong support for the solar industry and solar power generation, and particularly distributed power generation. The government is also encouraging local governments to play a larger and more proactive role by offering more support and extra subsidies.”
“Our market share in the US continues to grow with shipments for the quarter increasing 61.3% sequentially. While this is partially due to rush orders, it demonstrates our commitment to and growing customer base in the US market. While our presence in traditional markets such as Europe has remained stable with our large and loyal customer base, we continue to grow our presence in new emerging markets such as Chile and South Africa where we have become the market leader. The recent establishment of our first overseas production facility in South Africa will certainly aid us in enhancing our global production chain and allow us to serve customers across the region with local products.
“With the distributed generation market on the verge of entering a phase of rapid growth, we have increased mass production of our high-efficiency, PID-free ‘Eagle+’ modules as well as smart modules and light-weight modules. By continuing to innovate our products, we are not only promoting our reputation as the industry’s technological leader, but showing customers that we are able to quickly tailor modules to meet customer requirements.”
“To conclude, I am proud of what we have accomplished and even more excited about our future. Our strong financial position, steady downstream expansion, industry leading technology and diversified geographic presence are all contributing to our robust, sustainable long-term growth and transformation into a one-stop energy solution provider. We will continue to deploy our capital into specific areas of our business in order to increase shareholder value and carry our momentum into the third quart